Success Stories

click here for more

Militaria Recently Sold

Gallipoli Historical Tours

War Memorials and Honour Rolls in the State of New South Wales, Australia.

Would you like to see the War Memorial from your local area, represented on this website.  Please forward us a photograph so that the service of these men and women is not forgotten.

The Rock (rear view)

The reverse side (rear view) of 'The Rock' War Memorial. The hill in the background is the feature from which the actual town, draws it's name.

The Rock (War Trophy)

An 08 Maxim machinegun, laid next to the war memorial at 'The Rock'. This relic was part of the war trophy concept - where each town or district which supplied young men for the war effort; would receive an item of ordnance of some description; in recognition of it's sacrifice. These items were collected by the Australian War Record Section, headed by Captain John Trealor. This man would later play a major role in the foundation of the Australian War Memorial in Canberra.

Tuross Head

The War Memorial at Tuross Head on the Far South Coast. Situated off the Princes Highway (on the coast between Moruya and Narooma) this war memorial can boast arguably one of the best 'Anzac Day Dawn Service' ceremonies in Australia. Complete with a fully mounted Light Horse Living History Group, the sunrise silhouettes the horses and provides a very moving backdrop behind the memorial.

Tuross Head - Raynor McDiarmid & The Red Baron

Whilst it is not the intention of this website to single out any particular individual on a War Memorial, sometimes an interesting story becomes apparent which warrants a mention. Raynor McDIARMID (Service Number 927) was a Lewis Gunner with the 30th Infantry Battalion, 8th Brigade, AIF. On the 21st of April, 1918 - Raynor was situated on an upper slope of a ridge, northwest of Vaux with his Lewis Gun. He wrote in 1959; "I still have a vivid recollection of what took place. There was a good dogfight on somewhere in front of Corbie, and one of the Pom planes dropped out and Richthofen got on his tail. I had a crack at him as he passed but did no good. Our position was fairly high above the valley and I think Richthofen's altitude would be about 300 feet above the valley when I fired. Unfortunately I didn't lead enough and as both planes were coming into the line of sight I only fired 20 rounds at about 150 yards. I recall that the English plane just cleared Vaire Wood. About 10 seconds after I fired, I heard a gun on our left open up. I saw the plane stagger and get out of control. Something was thrown from the plane, which proved to be Richthofen's goggles, but I can't remember the bloke who picked them up, though I knew him - a 30th Battalion man. The only thing I'm crooked about is that I missed him". It was a fortunate ending for the British pilot whom was being chased, but not so fortunate for The Red Baron, Manfred Von Richthofen who died on this day. Whilst Raynor was born in Waverley (Sydney) he settled in Moruya on the Far South Coast of NSW after the war and his family had this plaque laid at nearby Tuross.

Web Design Sydney by Quantum